'I'm still quite fond of my fat self!' admits Dawn French after shedding nearly eight stone

By SIMON NEVILLE and SARAH BULL

'I'm still quite fond of my old fat self!' Dawn French has revealed she is still learning to accept her new figure

You'd expect that losing an astonishing 7 and a half stone would be a load off Dawn French’s mind as well as her body.
Yet the 55-year-old star has confessed she is not entirely happy about her slimline shape. Miss French, who was 19st before she cut out chocolate and carbohydrates, pointed out that losing her 'lovely blubber' made it difficult to swim in the sea because it is too cold. And in a frank interview, she added: ‘I had great fondness for that other body. I knew it very well and I don’t know this one as well, not yet.


Changing shapes: Miss French has shed an astonishing seven and a half stone and looks better than ever

'I was never actually unhappy then so it’s not the case that I was miserable and I’m happy now.' Miss French, who appears with Alfred Molina in the BBC sitcom Roger And Val Have Just Got In, added: ‘When we filmed the series, I’d lost about 4st but I’ve lost 7st 7lb now. 'I don’t want to lose much more but it’s funny looking at Roger & Val – because I look so different now.’

The actress strongly denies that her weight loss was the result of a gastric band plus the stress of her divorce from Lenny Henry. She said: 'I don’t eat bread, potatoes or pasta now. 'I don’t have chocolate in my house. That is really hard.' 'Sometimes I'll get out of bed and think, "Oooh, I need to do some exercise" - but that's probably about once a year, if that.
'I think the medical term for my condition is called "body blindness".
'I may ultimately regret not looking after myself more, and plenty of people would line up to tell me that, but it doesn't concern me.'
The full interview with Miss French is in the new edition of Woman magazine, on sale today.

source: dailymail

0 comments:

Post a Comment